Wednesday, August 1, 2018

2018 USk Symposium: Second Workshop

The second workshop I took at the USk Porto 2018 Symposium was with Liz Steel on Friday, July 20th.  An architect by training and only one of the two people who have attended all nine Urban Sketcher International Symposium, she is a fun and lively teacher.

We were to sketch the baroque architectural style of Clerigos Church but to get there in a relatively shorter distance and time, we had to hike up the steep alley ways leading to Miradouro das Virtudes before the terrain became flatter and kinder to our knees.  Did I mention that in Porto, you have to do a lot of hiking up and down this crazy, hilly, beautiful city?

Here are a couple pages from her workshop.  The allotted three hours workshop time goes by so fast especially when you are having a great time.





Image screenshot taken from Google Maps.  Maybe attributed to Thomas Waili. 



2 comments:

  1. She's a great teacher and I can see you putting her methods into practice. I like the look of your sketch of the church.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt very comfortable in her workshop. Hopefully, I'll try the uncomfortable ones next year. Like the ones that makes me cringe trying to make it work. LOL

      Delete