Monday, August 27, 2018

Checkers

The traffic was heavy on I-95N yesterday afternoon near the Bay Plaza in Co-op City, Bronx, NY.  I was driving back home from attending a friend's surprise 50th birthday party in Malverne, NY when I thought it might be a good idea to make a detour at the Checkers Burger shop.   I haven't been there in many years.  As I got closer to the drive thru stand, I noticed the absence of activity and realized that they had closed up shop for good.  There was only one thing left to do - sketch it!  I pulled into one of those empty parking spaces and sketched what was visible from the driver's seat.



2 comments:

  1. Hope you found an alternate lunch destination. Fun and colorful sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan. The food craving came and went. I didn't need the burgers after all. LOL

      Delete