Saturday, August 4, 2018

Third Week of July 2018: Part II

Wednesday, July 18

This day marked the start of the 9th Urban Sketcher International Symposium beginning with the check-in and registration.  I got up early and out by 7:00am from the cottage rental at Vila Nova da Gaia.  It was quite nice to see the small park area by the foot of the Dom Ponte Luis I Bridge to myself at this early hour.

I brought some Watercolor Cards which came very handy for making original designs.  Here are a few I sent to dear ones.  
Mailed this card to my Mom and it was surprisingly delivered on the day of her birthday.  How's that for timing?
Mailed this card to my son.
Mailed this card to my daughter and she loves it!

Mailed this card to a very dear friend.
Basis for the sketch before it.




2 comments:

  1. Mel, these are great. Did you mail the cards in envelopes? I've done postcard sized cards but was always leery about putting them in the mail that way....although having the stamp on them would be fun too. Just got home last night. I will slowly catch up on everything I missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joan, Yes, I mailed them in envelopes that came with the Strathmore package of 10 cards with envelopes. Very handy and paper was great too. Welcome back to a gloomy summer weather here in the tri-state. PS. I still have jet lag. You know what I mean. Have a great day!

      Delete