Friday, August 31, 2018

Marilyn Sculpture

Last Wednesday morning, I sketched this giant 25-foot-tall, 15-ton Marilyn Monroe sculpture by Seward Johnson at Latham Park, Stamford, CT.  I think this, along with other human-like sculptures scattered throughout Stamford, are there only through the summer.  We can count the number of summer days left, right?   I sure was glad to have done a quick 1-hour sketch of Marilyn's iconic pose.  This was done in direct watercolor with the intention of maybe adding lines and more color later.  However, I'll leave it as is.  Note:  I chose this vantage point because Marilyn's legs framed the First Congregation Church marker sign. 








3 comments:

  1. Great job with direct watercolor!!! These sculptures must be fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. It makes me wonder where ALL these other sculptures are situated. Ha! Could be a nice project to sketch them all...

      Delete
    2. Then I just read an article that says this exhibit ends by tomorrow, Sept 1st. :(

      Delete