Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Fourth Week of July 2018: Friday

Friday, July 27

After my morning walk with Dad, I decided to take an afternoon visit to the Royal Palace of Aranjuez, a former Spanish Royal residence.  It was just a little over an hour by train from Parla.  The Aranjuez Train Station has a nice cafeteria called "La Estacion Cafeteria" where I ordered a "cafe cortado" and sketched some of the beautiful tile patterns adorning its walls. 




A sugar packet for my cafe cortado.

After walking several blocks of the Aranjuez downtown and the sprawling grounds of the Royal Palace, I settled on one spot.  A group of young boys passed by as I was drawing the lines for the Iglesia de San Antonio de Padua.  Curiously they looked over then moved on.  Later as I was adding the colors, they showed up again.  One of them flashed a right thumbs up exclaiming "Si, Maquina Tu!" at least three times after I showed him this sketch of the church.  I don't know what it meant but I wrote it down on the lower left corner of the page.  I did a time-lapse video using my left hand but the camera was incorrectly aimed and very little footage of the actual coloring was useable in the below video.


Iglesia de San Antonio de Padua, Aranjuez, Madrid.

Here is a different view of the Royal Palace from the north side facing the gardens and the water cascades. 













2 comments:

  1. I love the tiny details from your day as well as the sketch of the palace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joan, for your comment. It reminds me that tiny details can also mean big. Glad you visited here today.

      Delete