Monday, August 13, 2018

Fourth Week of July 2018: Wednesday afternoon

Wednesday, July 25 (Afternoon)


I made sure I wasn't late to a lunch with a very dear family friend, Yolanda Luna.  She suggested we try a Vietnamese restaurant not too far from the SOL Train Station, near the center of Madrid.  Food was good, not great, but the place is nice.  I love exchanging stories about travel experiences with Tita Yoli.  There never is a dull moment with her

Aside from a 12 oz bag of Pete's Dark Roasted Coffee beans from the US that I want her to try, I wanted to gift her something else.  She seem to the Brooklyn Botanical Garden sketch from last spring.  I happily tore it out of my sketchbook and gave it to her before we parted ways.




I waited several hours for my next appointment with Dr. Jeffrey Levine.  We had planned on doing something together in Madrid after Porto and this was the day.  It turned to be a great and fun time sketching the Plaza Mayor scene with Jeff from 7:30-10:30pm before dining at this wonderful restaurant.  

Food was great and it did not disappoint.  It was already past midnight when Jeff and I said our goodbyes.  Darn, I missed the last train to Parla by 20 minutes!  Anyway, I learned of the bus N806 route that operates once the train shuts down for the night.  It left Madrid at 1:30am.   Now I know how to get home by bus after midnight!








  

No comments:

Post a Comment